Yes I know, technically this post should have been up two days ago, but better late than never, and all that. In short, here’s a list of my favourite reads from 2015. There weren’t a lot of standouts for me last year – there were a lot of books that I really enjoyed, but very few that completely blew me away. I think I gave out around maybe four or five 5 star ratings in total.
- The Mystery of Hollow Places – Rebecca Podos. (Technically a 2016 release, but I so enjoyed it.)
- The Accident Season – Moira Fowley-Doyle
- All The Light We Cannot See – Anthony Doerr
- Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe – Fannie Flagg
- Ink and Bone – Rachel Caine (Faye is ENTIRELY responsible for getting me to read these!)
- Half the World – Joe Abercrombie
Shout outs to: The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon, I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios, The Uninvited by Cat Winters, The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black, Delicate Monsters by Stephanie Kuehn, Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy, Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray, A Red Rose Chain by Seanan McGuire, The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler, The Killing Moon by N.K. Jemisin, Carry On – Rainbow Rowell, Paperweight by Meg Haston